I'll be updating this blog when I've read a new book or an article in the news that I'd like to keep a track of. This is my way of keeping a running record of what I've read and what I thought of it.

Wednesday 21 December 2011

I am Legend - Richard Matheson


I've seen and enjoyed the Will Smith movie so thought this would be a good book to try out.  And it was, event though the film was more "inspired by" than "based on" if you get my meaning.

Basic premise, world falling apart due to mystery illness that turns people into vampires / zombies.  One man survives hunkered down in his house and mourning his wife and child while drinking himself into oblivion on a nightly basis.

There have been numerous books and films like this but I think I'm correct in saying that this was one of the first and one of the first to approach it from the humanity wiped out by virus format.

I probably prefer a few other post apocalyptic novels such as Day of the Triffids or The Road but this one certainly bears comparison and is recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment