I'll be updating this blog when I've read a new book or an article in the news that I'd like to keep a track of. This is my way of keeping a running record of what I've read and what I thought of it.

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Surface detail - Iain M Banks


I'm a bit of a closet sci fi geek and for me Iain M Banks (in particular the culture novels) is up there with the the best of the genre.

The richly populated universe he has created along with his fertile imagination has created a vast array of stories with a hugely diverse range of characters.  the novels have been endlessly inventive and this one doesn't disappoint.

Once again I got lost in the universe of the culture and its cast of minds, ships, agents, aliens and pan human entities.  Once again the story had me turning pages in a way few other authors can.

A good read and for the uninitiated an author definitely worth discovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment