I'll be updating this blog when I've read a new book or an article in the news that I'd like to keep a track of. This is my way of keeping a running record of what I've read and what I thought of it.

Monday 30 May 2011

The Girl who kick the hornets nest - Stieg Larsson


So the final book of the millennium trilogy.  Well it picks up right where the second one left off and if anything this books is the one that feels most like one part of a serial.  Where the other two books could sort of stand alone this one really relies on the reader having knowledge of the first two.  Not that that prevents you from enjoying another adventure with Blomquist and Salander.  Once again the story goes along at a high tempo and keeps you turning the pages from start to finish.

But there is a but.  I probably enjoyed this book the least out of the trilogy.  It feels like a filler wrapping up some plot lines from the first two books before the author could get going on the next set of mysteries and investigations.  Of course that fourth book will never arrive so this book instead stands as the final book in a trilogy.  Whether I enjoyed this book less (and I only mean slightly less) is down to this 'in betweeness' of the book or because I was aware that it wasn't supposed to be the final book but would be.....I don't know.

In any case I've thoroughly enjoyed reading these books and like millions of fans worldwide am genuinely sad that we'll never know how the story would have played out.

No comments:

Post a Comment