I'll be updating this blog when I've read a new book or an article in the news that I'd like to keep a track of. This is my way of keeping a running record of what I've read and what I thought of it.

Wednesday 25 January 2012

How I won the yellow jumper - Ned Boulting


I think the Tour de France is one of the worlds great sporting events.  I follow it every year and have done since first discovering it aged about 10.  So I was always going to enjoy this book as it gave me a glimpse behind the curtain of secrecy around the real tour as opposed to its public face.

But in writing the book in a very conversational and inviting style Ned Boulting has made the book feel friendly and very easy to read.  I'm not sure the book would do much for any non TDF fans but for any cycling or indeed sport fan this is a good read

No comments:

Post a Comment