I'll be updating this blog when I've read a new book or an article in the news that I'd like to keep a track of. This is my way of keeping a running record of what I've read and what I thought of it.

Monday 30 January 2012

All my friends are superheroes - Andrew Kaufman


I was immediately grabbed by this book in the shop.  Quirky cover, good review comments and a synopsis that really piques the interest.

Happily the book doesn't disappoint.  Its a quirky tale about a normal guy who happens to know a lot of superheroes, not your average superheroes but everyday people who have one special ability and not necessarily a good or particularly impressive one.

My reading of the book was that the superheroes are supposed to represent the idiosyncrasies that make people who they are.  How one characteristic can come to define a person and they don;t get to chose what that characteristic is.  But they can chose to change their approach to life and tackle the way they are defined by the world.

A real little gem

No comments:

Post a Comment