I'll be updating this blog when I've read a new book or an article in the news that I'd like to keep a track of. This is my way of keeping a running record of what I've read and what I thought of it.

Friday 6 April 2012

The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins


With all the hype around the release of the new film and the positive reviews from unexpected sources (broadsheet newspapers giving a teen drama a good score?) I thought I'd check this one out.

And I really wasn't disappointed.  Yes, the basic idea is very reminiscent of Battle Royale. But so what, plenty of books are similar to other stories, the author denies any knowledge of BR when writing this book and I'm inclined to believe her and don't really care either way anyway.

The book is a real page turner and wont take you long to get through.  Its one of those rare books that when you put it down you find yourself eager to get back because the protagonists are almost certainly in some perilous situation and you want to find out how they get out of it.....and they will get out of it.

Really enjoyed it and will read the sequels.

No comments:

Post a Comment