I'll be updating this blog when I've read a new book or an article in the news that I'd like to keep a track of. This is my way of keeping a running record of what I've read and what I thought of it.

Saturday 20 August 2011



First a disclosure...I've been reading Terry Pratchett's discworld novels for over 20 years. I own every single one and am a massive fan of his work.

Now that I've got that out of the way I can write a balanced and nuanced review of the book.  He's on form with this book.  The book is described as 'for younger readers' which I think does a disservice to older readers.  The book is full of his fantastic word play and use of language as well as the normal range of colourful characters.

As a fan I was never going to dislike this book but I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish and would recommend it to anyone....as long as they'd read all of the other books so far.  After all why should someone miss out on all those wonderful stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment