I'll be updating this blog when I've read a new book or an article in the news that I'd like to keep a track of. This is my way of keeping a running record of what I've read and what I thought of it.

Saturday 16 April 2011

The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo - Stieg Larsson





Having seen the millennium books being read by countless commuters on my way to work I thought it was about time for me to see what all the fuss is about.  And I can see why they are so popular.  Translated from the original Swedish, this book makes for a compelling page turner that keeps you guessing all the way through.  The main characters are engaging and the story moves along at a fantastic pace, there is barely a wasted moment in the book.

As I'm writing this post I'm already halfway through the second book of the trilogy and already feeling disappointed that there is only three books to read.  The author had planned more but sadly died before he completed them.  I like thousands of other readers will never get to find out how everything works out for the lead characters.  Enjoyable and highly recommended, I'll be passing this book on to other people to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment