I'll be updating this blog when I've read a new book or an article in the news that I'd like to keep a track of. This is my way of keeping a running record of what I've read and what I thought of it.

Saturday 12 May 2012

Battle Royale - Koushun Takami


Well this book seemed a logical choice having read Hunger Games.  And I'm very glad I decided to pick it up.  Most people probably know the rough story line; Japanese school class kidnapped put on an island and forced to fight to the death.

The joy of the book is that it keeps you engrossed throughout.  At first it is easy to get lost with the names and working out which school child just died (there are 40 of them after all), but soon enough the main characters come to the fore and you can't help but spot traits familiar to teenagers the world over.

A good read and one that I'll be recommending to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment